Nutritional value of lotus seeds
Lotus seed is the part of the seed inside the pod of the lotus. Classified as a type of cereal that provides high nutritional value, not allergic to legumes. But while grains such as beans almonds or pecans There are good fatty acids such as High in omega-3 fatty acids, lotus seeds provide more carbohydrate and protein nutrients than fatty acids. And more than that, lotus seeds are also low-calorie foods. It is therefore ideal for those who want to lose weight. or in the range of diet control
eating fresh lotus seeds 1 ounce (or about 28 grams) of uncooked (uncooked) food provides the following nutritional values:
- Energy 25.2 calories
- 1.17 grams of protein
- Fat 0.15 g
- 4.5 grams of carbohydrates
In addition, lotus seeds are packed with many useful vitamins and minerals. Whether it’s B vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin E, fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and lotus seeds are also sources of antioxidants. and contains phytonutrients that are beneficial to the immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties as well
The lotus seeds can be eaten both fresh. Or stir-fried and put in various dishes. It can also be boiled either as a soup or as a dessert as well. There are many recipes that use lotus seeds as an ingredient. You can choose to do as you like. ยูฟ่าเบท
benefits of lotus seed
- good for weight lossBecause lotus seeds are grains that provide high fiber. Thus helping to feel fuller for a longer time Helps to reduce appetite for the next meal to decrease, causing you to not eat as you please until the calories are overload. Moreover, lotus seeds are classified as low-calorie foods. which for those who are in the process of controlling daily calorie intake Eating lotus seeds as a snack will help you feel full, less hungry and will not cause a calorie spike.
- anti agingIn lotus seeds, there is an enzyme that is useful in anti-aging called L-Isoaspatil Methyltransferase (L-isoaspartyl methyltransferase), an enzyme that has properties in the treatment and repair of damage proteins. And stimulate the production of collagen in the body For this reason, in the cosmetic or skin care industry, lotus seed extract is use for skin care and anti-aging properties.
- good for heart healthThe magnesium contained in lotus seeds is a beneficial nutrient and can help reduce the risk of heart health. Because magnesium will increase the amount of oxygen and stimulate the flow of blood and nutrients. Allows blood to flow to the heart and other parts in the body better But if the body has low levels of magnesium, it is at risk for chronic diseases such as vascular disease or heart disease.
- good for diabeticsPeople with diabetes need to pay close attention to their blood sugar levels. If blood sugar spikes, it can have health effects. Therefore, it is important for diabetics to choose a healthy diet to help maintain normal blood sugar levels. Lotus seeds are low in calories and high in fiber, thus helping to maintain normal blood glucose levels. It also helps prevent spikes in blood sugar levels.
- help prevent cancerLotus seeds are rich in various antioxidants such as flavonoids and thiamine, which help strengthen the immune system. anti-inflammatory cells in the body It also helps prevent the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer.
- helps to sleep wellLotus seed has medicinal properties that increase blood flow in the body. If the circulatory system works well It will help your body and brain feel relaxed. not restless can sleep better, so if you have frequent insomnia Try eating lotus seeds as a snack before going to bed. May help you sleep better.
Precautions when consuming lotus seeds
Despite being full of good nutrients and beneficial to the body. But there are some precautions that should not be overlook:
- People with cereal allergies or allergic to lotus seeds that although found less But it should be avoided to prevent an allergic reaction.
- Although lotus seeds have medicinal properties that are good for heart health. But those who have an arrhythmia and are taking medication to prevent arrhythmia. Consult with your doctor before taking lotus seed. Because constituents in lotus seeds may affect the interaction of medications for heart arrhythmias.